about whales and their ocean environment at the following websites:
Websites of other Fine Artists
- Friends of Casco Bay
- Founded in 1989 to Improve and Protect the Environmental Health
of Casco Bay.
- The Ocean Conservancy
- Promotes healthy and diverse ocean ecosystems and opposes practices
that threaten ocean life and human life.
Ocean Challenge - Dive into
Wylands world where art and science meet.
Ocean Science Initiative
- All life, including yours, depends on the oceans.
National Marine Educators Association (NMEA) - Brings together those interested in the
study and enjoyment of the world of water.
of Maine Ocean Observing System
- Up-to-date information on weather and oceanographic conditions
in the Gulf of Maine.
and Mrs. Fish - Marine educators.
Bank National Marine Sanctuary -
to conserve, protect and enhance the biological diversity, ecological
integrity and cultural legacy of the sanctuary while facilitating
of Maine Council on the Marine Environment
- Long-range goals: protect and restore habitats, foster environmental
and human health, & support vibrant communities.
of Maine Research Institute
- (Formally Gulf of Maine Aquarium) Science, Education, Community.
- The National Whale Conservation Fund - created to support research, management,
and education to protect and restore whale populations in United
American Cetacean Society
- Whale and dolphin conservation, education, and research from
the oldest cetacean conservation group in the world.
Society International -
Dedicated to the preservation and protection of cetaceans.
England Aquarium - In Boston,
a world renowned institution for innovative exhibits, conservation
programs, and research.
Aquarium & Institute for Exploration
- in Mystic, Connecticut. Mission: To inspire people to care
for and protect our ocean planet through education, research